Question about rothschildianum clones

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paphiope

Reaction score
Hi,
is it true that the rothschildianum clones MM, Rex, Charles E., Janet, Commander, Val and Borneo awarded Jungleplants??
Are there any other award-winning jungle plants?
Thanks for your help
Greetings from Germany

Was "Borneo" actually awarded in the old days?

"Borneo" is a very compact clone even the selfing plants remain compact. The flower is smaller tho. Not a difficult one to bloom either. Highly recommended if you don't have room for the modern gigantic roth.

Was "Borneo" actually awarded in the old days?

"Borneo" is a very compact clone even the selfing plants remain compact. The flower is smaller tho. Not a difficult one to bloom either. Highly recommended if you don't have room for the modern gigantic roth.

It was awarded an AM in 1975 and upgraded to FCC in 1977.Screenshot_20221017-170925_Chrome.jpg

Thank you, Tony. I have a "Borneo" selfing and that is the only one I would keep...

I wish there was a way to attach an excel file. While going through my old files from grad school I came across the datasheet we used to keep track of an old paph collection donated to the University. I'm sure most of the info can also be found in the library or wildcatt database, but there was still some interesting history found within. Like, "wild plant brought back in pocket", or "Dr. Kagawa's plant with varietal name 'Nuuanu' is actually 'Tenney'. The inflorescences face in one direction is what makes it outstanding plus color".

I bought a Roth `Chen` x `HH`. It comes from Taiwan. Does anyone know the parents.
Thanks for your answers.
Greetings from Germany

If your plant is 'Chen' x 'HH' then those are the parents of your plant.

Do you mean the parents of 'Chen' and 'HH'? If so these are the grandparents of your plant.

If your plant is 'Chen' x 'HH' then those are the parents of your plant.

Do you mean the parents of 'Chen' and 'HH'? If so these are the grandparents of your plant.
Thanks for your answer. I wanted to know the parents of Chen and the parents of HH. Do yo know what HH or H+H means??

Latest posts

Back