• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

quality species compots

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mrs. Paph

I'm looking for compots of...well, as many really good quality Paph species as I have room for. The ones at the top of my list are charlesworthii, barbigerum, faireanum, henryanum, and micranthum. If anyone knows of a good source for any of these, let me know! I plan to try to curb my enthusiasm and take my time finding plants from excellent parents, but hopefully if I keep looking, and people see this post and can give me some leads I'll get them faster! :clap:

Miss Paphiopedilum said:
I'm looking for compots of...well, as many really good quality Paph species as I have room for. The ones at the top of my list are charlesworthii, barbigerum, faireanum, henryanum, and micranthum. If anyone knows of a good source for any of these, let me know! I plan to try to curb my enthusiasm and take my time finding plants from excellent parents, but hopefully if I keep looking, and people see this post and can give me some leads I'll get them faster! :clap:

Chuck Acker had some nice flasks/compots of charlesworthii and henryanum, not sure if they are available now. Orchidaceae has a selfing of barbigerum and might have compots. Others such as Orchid Inn and Woodstream sell flasks of many of these species. Micranthum is tough to get a lot of seed from, so a compot might be difficult to find.

Thanks for the replies! I don't have nearly enough $$ and experience myself to know who's most likely to have well grown plants w/ good genetics! :)

On a side note, I've had lots of tissue culture experience, so I decided that now was the time to start flasking. I was able to get some seeds from the Orchid Seed Exchange, so assuming all goes well I may be posting flasks/compots of Paph. wardii and lowii in the sales/trade forum some time in the future! :) :)

Sam at Orchid Inn has very nice flasks and compots. I got my charlesworthii compot from him. The parents were half alba and I wound up with 3 or 4 albas from the mix.

Latest posts

Back