pygmy Drosera slideshow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin, i live in St. George, Utah and the weather is quite nice in my opinion in fact, i almost always where a jacket inside the house because i find 78 degrees quite chilly:D its not so much the temperature as the drying winds that are especially common in the afternoon. Drosera adelae is the variety i used to have and when it outgrew it's little terrarium i thought i could slowly acclimate it to my growing conditions and reduce the fungus gnat population. long story short the plant lost its dew turned brown and croaked:( same thing happened to my butter warts they lost all their sticky secretion and then turned brown.

Ah, Utah. You should put that in your profile.:D Yes, dessert growing can be difficult. You might need a terrarium or something to keep them from drying out too much. Or, you can water them every day.

water every day! that is something i would likely forget until like a week later then there would be nothing left but a little brown husk!

Well, they're just so cute I had to buy some - 5 species on the way. At least they won't take up too much space.

nice Kirk, hope they thrive. some of the ones in the pics are now starting their dormancy period and putting out fuzzy crowns and gemmae. If I have any left after my local orchid society I'll post.

Forrest

Cool! Which ones did you get? Where'd you get them?

I'm an eBay addict, so that's usually the first place I look for anything. Found a vendor with good feedback and an informative website so I went for it. Drosera paleacea ssp. leioblastus, D. pulchella, D. lasiantha, D. pygmaea and D. paleacea ssp. trichocaulis should arrive later this week. Perhaps I'll have gemmae to give away in fall. Wish me luck.

Latest posts

Back