• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Putting together an order

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yang -Ji is looking interesting also, thanks. i will probably get everyones emails and whichever nursery we choose I'll send an excel spreadsheet and if people want to split orders or whatever they add to the spreadsheet.

We could never use Yang-Ji Orchids. Way too many beautiful plants to chose from. I could never make a decision. I guess I could just give you my money and take what I get. :)

We could never use Yang-Ji Orchids. Way too many beautiful plants to chose from. I could never make a decision. I guess I could just give you my money and take what I get. :)

No, that wont work. Sometimes the catalogs say "3 seedlings/$50", for example. You might want to split that up w/ someone if there's something you like.

I might be interested in it; can you explain the following references:
"compots due to previous shipping experiences"
"the thaianium experience!"
"Orchidbabies order"

Hung Sheng has Paph. adductum var. anitum :poke: (probably not for export though :sob:)

I would absolutely not recommend Hung Sheng/Bear to buy plants or flasks. Everything that 6 different people I know of, including myself, was mislabeled, hybrids as species ( urbanianum hybrids as urbanianum), and the seedlings of species from 'selected parents' bloomed clearly not from the proper colony. gigantifolium bloomed out as a kind of glaucophyllum hybrid...

Iweyshen and ICE would be the two to order from clearly... Fabrice just bloomed another rothschildianum from Iweyshen that was stunning, and Kanavaru posted photos of his plants, excellent quality for the price. I am sure it is possible to order from one of the two and ask him to help for the export from the other.

Formosa orchids and Ten Shin are honest technically, but they are resellers, they do not have a nursery at all, and resell flasks from the others suppliers. Depending on their supplier, it can be excellent or not.

I'm kinda wondering about how the logistics of all this is going to work. Are U.S. people included? How will we get them here and distributed? This looks like it could be a logistic nightmare.

Thanks for the info folks, I will take these things into consideration.

I might be interested in it; can you explain the following references:
"compots due to previous shipping experiences"
"the thaianium experience!"
"Orchidbabies order"

See the post by CNYCharles regarding importing a flask of thaianums, the plants were so jumbled that they were not salvagable. Regarding OB, a bunch of STF members put together a large order to get a discount on the purchase of their stock and stud plants as they were downsizing.

If I'm working his site correctly I already have all the species he has to offer (legally). So wouldn't have much for me to get interested in.

There are two sites :D

About the species maybe, but now what's strange, as an example the seedlings of roth sold by iweyshen or yang-ji/ICE, when they bloom, are good or excellent, with no runts known as of today, no matter the crosses. They look like one of their parents, or much better...

Now, I will not comment too much, but the seedlings of roths sold by many other companies, including in the USA, when they bloom, look nowhere near the parents for most of them, and the sellers explain that there are always many not so good ones per cross. If you are stupid, you think it's because of 'selection' and there must be some runts. If you think a bit further, you think that a lot of roth seedlings are not from the proper parentages, if not all...

From Yang Ji too, the seedlings look like either one of the parents, or better, for the species with selected parents... which is what I would expect.

Same, if you look to add a name tag of a species you don't have, you can go for HS flasks and plants, but so far it has been mostly wrongly labeled plants over the last few years...

I like both Yang-Ji and Shen-Liu. I can speak and read traditional Chinese (Mandarin). Let me know if I can help with the communication (e.g., over the phone)-most of the latest web browser can translate web pages and Iweyshen is a member here- so, probably not- but just in case if I am needed- I would be glad to help!

Is Paph. hangianum species legal in the U.S.? Both vendors have P. hangianum.

I have been in contact with a few nurseries/suppliers and one of the problems I'm having is that Paph vietnamense album and the hybrid Paph Ho Chi Minh album seem to be almost non-existent. I know of one HoChiMinh in Europe and no viet. albums. Does anyone know of availability anywhere? At least I have some lines on getting Paph Magic Lantern albums. :eek:

Latest posts

Back