Pure venustum ‘fox catcher’ FCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very beautiful.
You said it was a seedling?
In that case ,
might it be a selfing of the 'fox catcher' clone
or a 'Fox Catcher' cross with another venustum ?
because division usually come with 3 growths or 2 growths ( an old growth, a current growth and a new lead )
I have not heard of peoples making a seedling size division before (most of the time the seedling size lead does not have its own roots until that growth becomes more mature ) unlike plantlets from flask have roots from the starting tiny size.

Last edited:
It’s a selfing of his pure foxcatcher clone.
1) in that case you should not call it paph venustum "Fox catcher" FCC/AOS, or tag it like that in your pot , because if one day someone get a division from your plant , he or she may confuse that he/she got the real clone Fox Catcher , and there will be confusion in breeding if that person start to make crosses using that division.
2) that is not to say that your plant is inferior to the clone 'Fox Catcher' .
I would guess that some of the plants result from the selfing of Fox Catcher would be inferior to the original, some would be equal to , and some maybe even superior to the parent 'Fox Catcher'
3) You could even name this clone with your name or anyone's name that you like and with the parenthesis such as paph venustum ' Junglejewel' (Fox Catcher x self), but it is it own individual clone, and until you enter for judging , it will get its own award , however the FCC/AOS is only go with the original Fox Catcher or divisions .

1) in that case you should not call it paph venustum "Fox catcher" FCC/AOS, or tag it like that in your pot , because if one day someone get a division from your plant , he or she may confuse that he/she got the real clone Fox Catcher , and there will be confusion in breeding if that person start to make crosses using that division.
2) that is not to say that your plant is inferior to the clone 'Fox Catcher' .
I would guess that some of the plants result from the selfing of Fox Catcher would be inferior to the original, some would be equal to , and some maybe even superior to the parent 'Fox Catcher'
3) You could even name this clone with your name or anyone's name that you like and with the parenthesis such as paph venustum ' Junglejewel' (Fox Catcher x self), but it is it own individual clone, and until you enter for judging , it will get its own award , however the FCC/AOS is only go with the original Fox Catcher or divisions .
I don’t take it that serious.... I just have fun and grow my plants....

I thought so; Above average in form and color compared to others I’ve seen.
Thank you Tom. I’d love to get my hands on some of the venustum’s I’ve seen come from you. There’s been stunning ones!!! Venustum’s are my favorite and I have about 30 different forms and am always looking for more that are different than all my others.

Thank you Tom. I’d love to get my hands on some of the venustum’s I’ve seen come from you. There’s been stunning ones!!! Venustum’s are my favorite and I have about 30 different forms and am always looking for more that are different than all my others.
30 different forms of venustum, my God, you are a real connoisseur of paph venustum already ,perhaps i should not write the previous post.
By the way do you have a dark red venustum from Tibet yet?
https://www.slippertalk.com/threads/paph-venustum-from-s-himalaya-of-tibet.24253/

30 venustum! You really seem to know what you are doing!!!
Could you give us a little info on your growing conditions?

Latest posts

Back