Psy Mariposa 'Green Valley'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This plant has been blooming for over a year. It is my favorite non-slipper orchid.

pyshocopsis2007.jpg

I love these.
I had more than a dozen varieties of psychopsis with various degree of genetic percentage of papillon, kramerianum & sanderae in them.
Told myself that I have enough, yet last month I :crazy: could not resist to buy the exact plant Mariposa'Green Valley' at the GNYOS show.

Excellent bloom there and with deep colour. Thanks for sharing.
It looks different from my 'green valley' so I think mine is not the same clone.
How much do these blooms vary?

smartie2000 said:
Excellent bloom there and with deep colour. Thanks for sharing.
It looks different from my 'green valley' so I think mine is not the same clone.
How much do these blooms vary?
Not necessarily different clones for this reason:

1)I bought 2 plants of Kalihi"Big" at the same vendor at GNYOS, the one I gave my sister in law bloom 6 inch plus w/ better pattern lip, my flower only reaches 5 inch (in the mericlone proccess, some of the plants have slight genetic drift, they supposed to but in reality, are not exact duplicate of the mother plant & each other)

2)There is a Mendenhall 'Green Valley'
a kalihi'Green Valley'
and a Mariposa'Green Valley'
The three are different crosses. Which "Green Valley' do you have?

Fren,
It looks the same to me.
Maybe your plant tries to flower too maturely, from the thin look of the spike (even so, the flower still looks quite big).
I would expect that when the leaves are much bigger, the flower would be gigantic.

Thanks Hien. the second spike should bloom soon. It is much taller and it will get more light since the days aren't cloudy anymore. I don't think the leaves will get bigger since it already has 8 pseudobulbs, and the bloom was quite large. I'll soon find out if the leaves will get bigger because it already wants to send two more, it is a weed.

Is it still the same plant Hien? Anyways I am very happy with it :)

The second bloom on the new taller spike turned out much better with its wings more aligned with the lip, giving it a fuller look.

The third bloom on the older shorter spike turned out smaller. Maybe I should have fertilized better? I have been using a 20-14-13 urea free fertilizer since my paphs were growing. is it too much nitrogen?

DSCN2637.jpg

And it has three more new growths started, it is a weed! Everyone should get one!

I hoped it would be in constant bloom so I put in it in a bonsai pot as soon as I got it ;)
It took a rest since the last bloom but the spike would have been too tall for underlight growing anyway so bonsai pot it still stays in bonsai pot:)

Is it still the same plant Hien? Anyways I am very happy with it

And it has three more new growths started, it is a weed! Everyone should get one!

I agree that this bloom is much better than the one before.

Latest posts

Back