Pronuciation

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

I'm sitting here making out labels for some new flasks and wondering how to pronounce "Petit Queillette". It's a cross of Phrag. (besseae fma flavum x andreetae).

Thanks!

Hmmm... how about... Per-tit Key-Let? :evil::evil:

Pronunciation : Petite : petit’, p without aspiration, e as in the English word the. The last e is totally mute.
Queillette or Cueillette : ke-yet, k without aspiration, and e as in the ; and –yet, e as in English set or tent, the last e is mute too : petit’ keyet’.

A Cueillete is a subdivision of the St Ouen parish on the isle of Jersey. There are six of them : Grande Queillette is another one, as is "Cueillette de Millais". Millais ? Millais ? Millais rings a bell in my head !

Cueillette or Queillette is of the family of the French verb cueillir which means here to gather together. Petite Queillette = Small assembly.

http://translate.google.com/ enter "Petit Queillette" here, and you have the option to hear the pronunciation...

Pronunciation : Petite : petit’, p without aspiration, e as in the English word the. The last e is totally mute.
Queillette or Cueillette : ke-yet, k without aspiration, and e as in the ; and –yet, e as in English set or tent, the last e is mute too : petit’ keyet’....
:clap: :clap: :rollhappy::rollhappy: :eek::eek:
with all that help, if the words came out of my mouth they still wouldn't sound like that! Anyone want to share 'The Best Butcher of Pronouncing Orchid Names' with me?!

Latest posts

Back