Promenaea xanthina

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DukeBoxer

Reaction score
I got this one from Andys when they came to speak at our OS. It was in bud when I got it. Anyone have any other cultural hints other than the ones on orchidspecies.com...here's their's

They can be raised in a basket with a fast draining medium and should have ample water while in growth, after maturation they should be given a short 3 week rest and then less water until after the new growths are 1/2" long.

Does anyone that has this rest it or just keep watering it normally year round?

Promxan1.jpg

Promxan2.jpg

Very nice.

I have Limelight X xanthina. It is very much like yours but, without the spots. Mine is still very small, in a 2" pot. I do have several new growths since it bloomed.

I have thought about puting it in a basket, or possibly placing all four of my pots in a larger basket, and hanging it. They like to hang over the edge of the pot.

I did not give mine a rest, but I do find that they are water hogs. I just bought mine in January, so I'm still learning.

Good luck with yours.

Dot, it's happy and healthy....only because I just got it like a month and a half ago from Andy's. We'll see how it looks in a year. Hopefully the same, only bigger!

By the way, they are supposed to be fragrant right....? Mine isn't as of yet

Latest posts

Back