Quantcast

problem with new posts on macbook

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

F

fbrem

Hi,

I searched for a bit to see it there was a thread on this to no avail. For the last few months when logging in using my MacBook Pro when I click on ### unread posts it fails to generate them. All I get is the "these threads have not been updated...but still contain unread posts" at the top of the thread list. Then I just jump onto my pc desktop and it works fine. Is there something I need to do to make it work? I tried clearing cookies/cache and resetting Safari to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Forrest

cnycharles

Peloric keiki
Reaction score
what safari version? it may be the problem. sometimes I get odd server errors using an old version of safari, and when I switch to a different browser they don't recur.

safari has been known to play 'fast and loose' with some of it's programming to try and make it 'the fastest' browser, to the disadvantage of safety and workability

Kyle

Vendor
Reaction score
I get the same problem on my ipad. Can't figure it out, works sometimes. Or I'll cycle through 'New Posts' '### Unread Posts' and Quick link - todays posts. Sometimes I'll get lucky with one of those.

Kyle

terryros

Reaction score
I am OK on my MacBook Pro but I use Tapatalk on my iPad and it automatically opens to new posts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Sorry for the delayed reply - have to say I haven't had the issue on any of my Apple devices - I'm on an older MacBook Pro right now, also have a year old iMac, 2 iPhones, and iPad gen1 and 2 touches. Could very well be Safari, trying another browser may help.

Latest posts