Problem Leafs: soft & spongy

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Merrick

Hello,

I have a problem with my Paph. Philippinense: the lower leafes started to be soft and spongy :( its one leaf after the other??
The oldest leaf turned yellow and I cut it off.

Any idea what this could be?

Thanks
Merrick

yes..here some pics...

dsc00286la0.jpg

dsc00287jy7.jpg

dsc00288zr1.jpg

Hi Heather,

do I need to cut the leafes which have this collapse?

Thanks
Merrick

ok, then I try to get the humidity up.

I just hope that my Phap is going to be fine again...

Thanks Heater for your replies..

Merrick

Hi Merrick. I have a mottled leaf paph who does this when it get too cool. So I just move it to a warmer room and and increase the humidy. Is there any chance that it might have gotten a draft? Mine also really likes its water too.
Barb.

Hi Merrick, I have the same marking on my Paph. A. Dimmock. I was given this plant with the marking about 3 months ago. The mark never went away, the leaf is harder now but it has more of a yellow cast then the other leafs. I could probably cut it off for appearances but I left it alone. All the new leaves look green and healthy. I am definitely the newbie so keep that in mind.
Linda

Hi Barb.

The Phal was standing next to the window. The room is warm but just next to the window it is cold.
I put the Phal already on a place which is warmer and have it in a bigger pot with water for the humidity. Of course I'm careful with the roots that they don't get water :)

Draft it's not possible but I open the window from time to time for fresh air.

Regards
Merrick

Hi Linda,

thanks for your reply. I don't want to cut off the leafes as well. So I think I listen to all of you and leave them where they are.

Regards
Merrick

Latest posts

Back