Prince Edward of York

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It actually didn't come with any parentage on the tag, just "rothschildianum x sanderianum". I got it from Little Brook Orchids, who picked up a few of the cross at a Redlands show a few years ago. I haven't seen a bad one from the batch yet.

Congrats! Beautiful blooms! I purchased PEOY with flowers this spring. It has much lighter green leaves than yours. Mine is like apple green. Do you give much light to yours? I try to provide as much light as possible.

Congrats! Beautiful blooms! I purchased PEOY with flowers this spring. It has much lighter green leaves than yours. Mine is like apple green. Do you give much light to yours? I try to provide as much light as possible.
Not for PEOY, the sanderianum influence makes it very shade-tolerant. It's getting around 70-80 par (translation: 12 inches from a regular old two-bulb shop light.)

50/50 mix of #4 sponge rock and the largest size orchiata for the base. Add 5% charcoal, 5% oyster shell, then pot. Top dress with a bit of silica sand and chick grit. Then a layer of forest moss or a thinner layer of sphagnum. Water every 2nd day, or every day while blooming

50/50 mix of #4 sponge rock and the largest size orchiata for the base. Add 5% charcoal, 5% oyster shell, then pot. Top dress with a bit of silica sand and chick grit. Then a layer of forest moss or a thinner layer of sphagnum. Water every 2nd day, or every day while blooming
Hi, how about the temperature? How hot you have it daytime? And how low at night? I have mine outside on the covered patio as high as high 80s F. And night in the 60s. Sometime Mid 50s. It seems to grow faster than keeping it inside thanks.

Typically, it gets up to about 85 in my growspace at the hottest, nights are above 70 in the summer. A drop into the mid 50's in winter helps to set the spikes. Humidity always above 65%, I try to keep it at 90% when a sandy hybrid is blooming.

Here's the other photo Sanjay took, looking straight at it, rather than from below. Guess I should add the dimensions, too. NS (cm) 9.7 x 36, petals (measured over the shoulder and down) 1.5 x 35, Dorsal (flattened, as it would be for judging measurements) 4.4 x 6.3, Synsepal 4.0 x 5.5

Attachments

• DSC_8764.jpeg
    DSC_8764.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts

Back