Prince Edward of York

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Ed M

I have 5 first-bloom seedlings of Paphiopedilum Prince Edward of York in bloom in the greenhouse this week…a hybrid of Paph. rothschildianum x sanderianum. Petal length ranges from 11 to 13 inches among the five. Which one should I keep? Or should I just keep all five because I can't decide? Lol. These came from Bob Wellenstein about seven years ago or so. The one on the far left has the largest flowers…2.5" pouch and 13" petals and the reddest color.

Attachments

• Prince-Edward-of-York-2014st.jpg
    Prince-Edward-of-York-2014st.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 134
I agree, keep em all! They're all beauties! Nice rich color and 4 flowers on first bloom on most? The future looks bright.

Stunning display!

Looks like you've already made up your mind. Keep the one to the left, and as many of the others as possible too.

It is hard to distinguish between them from the photo. It looks a pretty consistent cross. Stunning flowers and beautifully grown plants. I guess you keep as many as you can squeeze in.

Keep far left, then centered plant and a third choice, right of center. Sell the other two for 150.00 each.

oh my goodness! the two on the right seem to have the broadest petals and best petal stance. these all will be even more amazing considering they are only first-time bloomers.

Latest posts

Back