Preparing for Hurricane Douglas

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I am very worried, a new event is in the way, and if it affects Cuba, I will have to "evacuate" my Paphs.
When the 5 category, (Called Ike Hurricane), I was in Gibara, the must affected locality, waiting for making an evaluation of the impact in mollusk populations, and when the phenom was on it height "fire balls" flew in the air. It was horrible with all that monstrous sound....
This picture was taken one day before the pass of Ike Hurricane

Attachments

• GEDC1888.JPG
    GEDC1888.JPG
    524.8 KB · Views: 6
Thank you for the interesting article, Linus!

(apologies in advance to the moderators, article discussing climate changes)
Oh, boy, I like your sense of humour!

Allow me to issue a little hurricane warning of my own: hurricanes 'Bertold' and 'Stone' approaching these shores with fulminant force. Pray, they have been severely downgraded before they reach us!

Hi Pete, I guess ‘tis the season. Florida does not need another one of those monster storms. I would guess you are pretty safe - hurricane-wise - up in Baltimore. Cheers! Kate
Almost through our first 'Tropical storm' here in MD. Lots of rain in Baltimore, thankful the wind has been mild so far.

Hope you’re through the wind and rain, Pete. Sending good thoughts your way. Kate
Thanks. All good here, it was quick. Luckily, my neighborhood was not greatly impacted, we must have dodged the heavier bands of wind and rain. I know other parts of Maryland and Virginia were hit harder. And states further South and North along the east coast. I do hope others faired well, collections and all.

Latest posts

Back