Post for new system check

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Testing testing. Today I received an email with new posts and upon opening one there was a nice picture of a Phrag. and a woman who informed me that her husband had pounded her for 5 hours and some other thing below that. I've never gotten stuff attached to my emails before so I don't know if this is part of the new service or my phone or what.
Don

Don, were you able to disable the ads once you logged in and went to preferences? You have the option to opt out. Just go to the person icon in the upper right. Choose preferences, and look for the opt out of advertising towards a the bottom. There is more information about the changes in the Talk Back forum. Let me know if you have further issues.

Charlie

This is not really a reply to the above, but have I logged in without incident, and everything seems to be as it should be, including disabling the unwanted ads, thank you! :D

At the first sight I was very angry about all those ads! But now I managed to disable them in my preferences. I'm quite happy now with the new look of ST.
Nevertheless I miss the educated discussions of former times...

I was able to opt out of ads just fine. Was just wondering if the daily emails I'm getting called "Yesterday's Forum Activities" are temporary or if I need to opt out of that too, and if so, where is that feature? Thanks, new forum looks great. I like that you can "like" someone's comment; as someone who uses Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, I like that feature. See what I did there. :)

They will keep coming but you MUST use the UNSUBSCRIBE HERE at the bottom of that email to make them stop. Once they are stopped, they cannot be restarted.

Testing testing. Today I received an email with new posts and upon opening one there was a nice picture of a Phrag. and a woman who informed me that her husband had pounded her for 5 hours and some other thing below that. I've never gotten stuff attached to my emails before so I don't know if this is part of the new service or my phone or what.
Don

That attached information should not have been there at all. Was it on the forum when you logged in?

@Don I I checked my copy I received on my private email and did not see any. I've never heard of anyone else having ads like that on a newsletter.
Can you run a scan on your computer to see if some ad software has attached itself?
I know we don't attach any ads to those emails.

It was on the phone email and I wasn't logged in.
Don

Must be logged in to kill the ads. We cannot make settings for those that are not logged in. You don't have to log out, so when you click on a thread link in the newsletter and come to the forum you will already be logged in. You won't see ads.

Hi Heather,

I can't open this now on Tapatalk, is there a way?
I was able to log in only after I changed my pw.
Thanks

I'm not Heather but Tapatalk is still being worked on the merge. I thought it would be today, but it's not quite done yet.

Latest posts

Back