Port Maqaurie Phrags

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephan

Reaction score
Hi guys

There were a few phrags at the conference and one stand stood out with these plants. There was a Phrag Living Fire on display with a spike taller than I am.

Phrag Sargent Eric 'Queenscliff'
PhragSargentEricQueenscliff.jpg

Phrag richteri
Phragrichteri.jpg

Phrag Court Jester 'Queensliff Green'
PhragCourtJesterQueenscliffGreen.jpg

Phrag Living Fire 'Queenscliff Sunset'
PhragLivingFireQueenscliffSunrise.jpg

Cheers
Stephan

Well Done Stephan! Saved the day with the Port Mac postings!

That Court Jester was totally fabulous!

Great photos in that lighting. Did you see the cut spikes of the Phrags on one of the sales tables? They had been cut for about a week and still looked great. I was impressed with the length of the spikes, must go talk to mine.

trampinggran said:
Great photos in that lighting. Did you see the cut spikes of the Phrags on one of the sales tables? They had been cut for about a week and still looked great. I was impressed with the length of the spikes, must go talk to mine.

Oh, I don't know - the lighting wasn't that bad as far as shows go. My problem was that I'm used to getting plants and plant tags out and getting good time to take a proper shot. I kept getting bumped, jostled and pushed - as a relatively self concious, shy and retiring person (it's true I tell you) I tended to retreat. It made taking any more shots than I did - only about 100 - impossible. Yep, saw the cut stems - You get way better conditions than I do though - mainland or south island? :)

I've spent some time on the South island and looked through local phone books for Orchid nurseries there - I couldn't find any. Although I know Papa Aroha was there somewhere. I've got a Calurum that's still throwing blooms and it started in the middle of flippin February for goodness sake.

Talk to you again Omi :)

Cheers
Stephan

Latest posts

Back