Porpax extinctoria

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naoki

Reaction score
I got this as Conchidium extinctorium from Tropical Exotique in spring 2018. I haven't read the paper yet, but there appears to be a paper which proposed the transfer of this to Porpax. I'm not sure how to grow it yet, but I'm keeping it at a cool-end of intermediate. I appreciate it if you have cultural tips. Link to my Orchid Borealis blog post (contains photos of dissected flowers).

P4213524.jpg

P4203396.jpg

P4203414.jpg

P4203378.jpg

After Easter egg hunt in the morning, we went to our weekly fly-fishing. It snowed again last week, so I wan't sure if they are active, but my son caught about 15 arctic graylings, and I caught about 5. This is one of the bigger ones he caught today.
P4210016.jpg

Totally off-topic and a very late addition, but since Eric resurrected this...

I lived in southeastern PA for 27 years. Only in the last few did I learn that Pennsylvania had the largest number of trout streams, outside of Alaska, in the US! Even better (or worse, because I wasn't aware of it earlier), one of the more productive ones was 3 miles from my home, under a bridge I crossed several times a week! After retirement and before moving, I resolved that problem.

Since moving to NC, I have done no fly fishing, but the saltwater species here are tremendously tasty. The 75# yellowfin tuna I caught two summers ago would have been a bear to land on a fly rod!

Last edited:
Back