Pop-up spam with Safari (iPhone)

Discussion in 'Talk back!' started by Linus_Cello, Jul 15, 2019.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

1. Jul 15, 2019 #1

Linus_Cello

Linus_Cello

Linus_Cello

Last night, a pop-up spam website would come up when I try to access Slippertalk on Safari (web browser) on my iPhone. The spam site is called "loompas" (or something like that; says for me to take a survey to win a Walmart gift card of $1k).

I tried clearing my web access history, and the spam site would still come up. My spouse tried it on his iPhone this morning (and he's never visited ST before today), and the spam pop-up site would come up. So it appears to be some bug related to Safari and/or iPhones. Is this something that can be addressed by the administrators?

I'm typing this up in Chrome on a laptop, and so far the spam site has not come up. (I do have a spam/pop-up blocker with my Chrome).

Thanks!

2. Jul 15, 2019 #2

Ray

Ray

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast

No pop-ups present with either Chrome or Safari on either my iPad or my iPhone.

3. Jul 16, 2019 #3

Linus_Cello

Linus_Cello

Linus_Cello

Thank for fixing? Also we just switched from sprint to Verizon so that may have “fixed” the pop-up

4. Jul 16, 2019 #4

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

Those things pop up on me at various times. But they are not from here. They are probably from cookies from somewhere else I've been. Many times I have to close that window on my phone and then start over. I'm glad it is not happening now. Please post if it comes up again when you are coming to this site.