Polymer breakthrough could revolutionize water purification

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such a hopeful sign that some of human's water destruction
might be corrected. Himself is an engineer who worked
on making salt water drinkable in Saudi Arabia and in
Egypt to help purify Nile water for human consumption. He'll love this article. Thank you Charles and if you're following developments
in this area, let us know.

Last edited:
Didn't the article say it was derived from a air cleaning product?

Yes, on a low volume level, removing basically just human discernible scents. My thought was to commercial and industrial level cleaning of the air hat doesn't need more than daily cleaning of the filtration on more of a life safety clean level

Yw, I'm always into learning cool new things

Last edited:
"Pollutants" and "contaminants" are pretty broad terms - anyone know what classes the stuff can remove?

I wonder if the folks in Flint MI could have used that.

I just found an open source article printed 2013 about abating pollutants from a plant that had metals and other organic contaminants. They used the standard beta cyclodextrin and it did as well as activated carbon in removing metals and organics; that test didn't have lead, but if activated carbon is able to remove lead then I think the original b-cyclodextrin could also, and it appears that the improved form can filter up to 200 times some pollutants as activated charcoal. The other benefit is that activated charcoal needs high heat to be regenerated (and created) and cyclodextrin can be rinsed with methanol or ethanol and shows little to no measurable loss of effectiveness after cleaning

I just found an open source article printed 2013 about abating pollutants from a plant that had metals and other organic contaminants. They used the standard beta cyclodextrin and it did as well as activated carbon in removing metals and organics; that test didn't have lead, but if activated carbon is able to remove lead then I think the original b-cyclodextrin could also, and it appears that the improved form can filter up to 200 times some pollutants as activated charcoal. The other benefit is that activated charcoal needs high heat to be regenerated (and created) and cyclodextrin can be rinsed with methanol or ethanol and shows little to no measurable loss of effectiveness after cleaning

very interesting...:poke:

:p
Just think of it this way, if we are able to use this to filter and recycle water, all the places where water rights control power, the owners will become less powerful! :)

Latest posts

Back