Pollinia exchange

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello to all.

I am brand new to this site, as I am also somewhat new to Paphs/Phrags growing, but I recently (today) had a very special Paphiopedilum liemianum come into flower.

Due to their status as critically endangered (overcollection as most) and wanting to maintain and ex-situ population through various growers, I was wondering if anyone has one that is now, or will soon be in flower, and if we may then outcross?

I purchased mine from Hausermann, and I’m not sure if they record lineages or not, but would love to create multiple flasks (through Meyers Conservatory) of the eventual seedlings, should a capsule come to maturity.

Thanks!

Attachments

• BE548F77-6007-4834-B95B-747A6259B5E7.jpeg
    BE548F77-6007-4834-B95B-747A6259B5E7.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 5650F002-0381-4486-B4AC-5C4C68C1BC7C.jpeg
    5650F002-0381-4486-B4AC-5C4C68C1BC7C.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 92B9D833-8457-4FFB-ADCC-4F7C62CABEF0.jpeg
    92B9D833-8457-4FFB-ADCC-4F7C62CABEF0.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 9
Hi Stefan,

I've got a liemianum that's been in continuous bloom for several years now. I'd be happy to send you pollen if you'd like. It's got a NS of about 10 cm with a dorsal width of 4 cm. Here's a photo:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/zApFHnz7rSsWuRdK8

The only flaw with this bloom is the petals are swept back. PM me if you're interested.

--Stephen

Hi!

Thanks so much for your response. I had someone on Instagram reach out as well, and I believe they are sending me pollen this week, but I understand this is a sequential blooming species so I would love to cross with yours on the next go around (second flower already seems to be forming).

Does yours have mottled leaves or green? I have heard there are several varieties.

Hi!

Thanks so much for your response. I had someone on Instagram reach out as well, and I believe they are sending me pollen this week, but I understand this is a sequential blooming species so I would love to cross with yours on the next go around (second flower already seems to be forming).

Does yours have mottled leaves or green? I have heard there are several varieties.

You're welcome to pollen any time you'd like it as long as mine's in bloom. The leaves on this one have a faint mottling:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4QZvYYZ6RxW3f6HQA

You're welcome to pollen any time you'd like it as long as mine's in bloom. The leaves on this one have a faint mottling:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4QZvYYZ6RxW3f6HQA

This looks very similar to mine! There is like a hidden layer of mottling on top, though the underside is quote purplish red as is typical of so many Paphs.

And I redact my previous statement about having forthcoming pollinia, as the person from instagram hasn't replied. If you have any in bloom now, I'd love to exchange.

Thanks so much!

This looks very similar to mine! There is like a hidden layer of mottling on top, though the underside is quote purplish red as is typical of so many Paphs.

And I redact my previous statement about having forthcoming pollinia, as the person from instagram hasn't replied. If you have any in bloom now, I'd love to exchange.

Thanks so much!

Sure, just send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll drop it in the mail.

Posting here again because I recently received a Paphiopedilum delenatii var alba x sib in the mail. I did not expect them to send me such a large plant for the price, and it came with not one, but TWO flowers.

As usual, I would like to take advantage of the flowering event, and do an outcross. Does anyone else have a Paph. delenatii either soon, or in bloom? Any form will do, though a cross with another alba or unique cultivar would be preferred.

I can offer up my pollinia as well if anyone wants it. I also plan on posting a picture of the leaves and flower when the sun comes out again.

Latest posts

Back