Pollinated!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Pollen of (thaianum x armeniacum) onto bellatulum, bellatulum pollen onto dark (curtisii x macabre).

:D

s592RHIl.jpg

ywpk4Y5l.jpg

CVqIDCHl.jpg

What do you mean??
I just pollinated them the day before posting this.
Hopefully. The pollens sacs look fused to the stigma, so I think that's a good sign. But will have to wait until they mature and get sent to the lab to know for sure.

Are these plants breeding quality? The flasking process is quite difficult, sowing them is harder, which of these methods do you plan to use?

Breeding quality can mean different things to different people depending on goals, tastes,,,
I crossed them obviously because I like them.
I'm not interested in awards. I've seen others "breeding quality" plants that I absolutely didn't like.

Breeding quality is a good grower, reliable bloomer, and good flowers, I bought terry glancys james bacon breeding plants, they always have good roots, grow well and produce good flowers regularly, 2 are about to bloom

I see what you mean, except good flower part can mean different things depending on the breeding goals.

The reality is many first time blooming plants are used for breeding when flower quality is within a breeder's preference ( whatever his or her goal might be).
In this case, plant growth & blooming habits are not known.

I say go for it. If nothing else, it's a learning experience. I have a learning experience seed pod going now.

Not everyone breeds plants to sell for profit or win awards. If I had the money and the patience (and the space!) I'd have more crosses going than I knew what to do with!

hahaha. Well, in Biology class, those terms are very different and you do lose points. didn't mean to be picky but you know. ;)

Yes, I hope to get some flasks out of this.
Oh, my, where am I going to grow them? hahaha
two years to sort out things or win a lottery to buy a football field sized greenhouse! Yay!!!! lol

I say go for it. If nothing else, it's a learning experience. I have a learning experience seed pod going now.

Not everyone breeds plants to sell for profit or win awards. If I had the money and the patience (and the space!) I'd have more crosses going than I knew what to do with!

That's right, Adam.
I'm doing this sole for my own pleasure.
Of course, hopefully other people might buy my flasks and grow something very nice out of them as I only have so much space to be able to grow them all as much as I'd like to. The reality...:(

I can't just move out to the suburb to have a greenhouse to hold more plants. too spoiled in the city where everything is close by. lol

Any thaianum cross sounds awesome! Let me know when they are available!

Bigger apartment or roof GH like Lien Liu had!

We tried hard to get a unit with GH, which is not very common in the market, and one that was really nice, well. We lost out in the miserable bidding war. Oh, well...need more money. a lot more!

Bad news. Bellatulum pod, spike and all are turning brown. :(
The other one seems to be taken.

Also, gardineri dropped its pod.

I wish my fairrieanum was in bloom again now. I would move to have it crossed with Ma Bell.

Oh, well. I have a few other thing to okay around with.

Latest posts

Back