Poll on Patricipants

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interested in seeing the opinions of the regular members here:

If a member repeatedly causes or incites major disagreements over non-orchid-related subjects, would you prefer the administrators to:

Probably best that ST get rid of non orchid topics, except for posting pictures. I have changed my mind about this...even with non political posts, there are those who manage to turn it into a political statement..and then that tempts me to respond...terrible cycle

¿pagar justos por pecadores? we would say, something like that all un-guilty pay for the guilty.

I'd say that nearly all of the 'regular members' of this forum and this special political section do write with sense and courtesy.

And this one particular and ordinary member who likes to spoil every thread he enters and being judgmental with all of us, could be asked to stop it.

I like to hear other uncomfortable opinions and it shows a person's level of crazy so... let them rant! We can rant back.

Well, "This" is what I have expected since the beginning.... "This" isn't new! It happened somewhere else before, remember?

You smack me and I smack you back, Love it!

I don't understand the need for things like political section.
This is a forum for orchids. Why come here to talk about politics at all?
There are other places where those who are so inclined to do so can.

If you look at how many people usually participate in that sectione and how things turn out, we really don't need it.
It only creates negativity in my opinion.

We've talked about this before. Oh, well...

I don't understand the need for things like political section.
This is a forum for orchids. Why come here to talk about politics at all?
There are other places where those who are so inclined to do so can.

If you look at how many people usually participate in that sectione and how things turn out, we really don't need it.
It only creates negativity in my opinion.

We've talked about this before. Oh, well...

Right, and the last time we talked about it a bunch of people wanted it.
I'd be happy to get rid of the political forum but that doesn't mean you guys can just move the political discussions to the "off topic" forum again. That's why we broke it out - so that people wouldn't clutter up that forum with nasty arguments and name calling. I don't have the time nor the inclination to police the off topic forum nor do I believe in censoring the forum (and having to police it for censor-worthy posts.)

I suppose we could make the political forum a password protected forum like the Out Back section. Then you'd REALLY have to work to post there.

I'm really looking for less work here overall, not more.

I suppose we could make the political forum a password protected forum like the Out Back section. Then you'd REALLY have to work to post there.
Who will get the password for that section?

Wait! Ed said Nazis only.:evil: Yum-Yum-Yum-Yum-Yum!

Right, and the last time we talked about it a bunch of people wanted it.
I'd be happy to get rid of the political forum but that doesn't mean you guys can just move the political discussions to the "off topic" forum again. That's why we broke it out - so that people wouldn't clutter up that forum with nasty arguments and name calling. I don't have the time nor the inclination to police the off topic forum nor do I believe in censoring the forum (and having to police it for censor-worthy posts.)

I'm really looking for less work here overall, not more.

That sounds like a great idea unless we get rid of politics section altogether and whoever brings up politics gets reported and then deleted.
Three strikes and banned. Yay!!!

Thanks Angela.

Honestly you guys don’t want to know what I really want to do. For now, I’m going to run a little experiment. We shall see how it goes...

No experiments with living Forum Users please.;)

If certain people could handle discussing current events like adults ..
Heather, human beings are different. Some adults are staying young for a long time, others becoming old very quickly.
I can tell You, I have a lot of experiences in running an orchid forum, meanwhile about one decade with more than 360000 posts.

In addition, Your signature is no longer correct, natura facit saltum. Max Planck detected it. It's called Quantum jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back