Plum bonsai

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice!

Do you start with a big tree so it's got a good root stock? How low to the ground do you cut it?
The tree was about 6 or 7 feet tall when I dug it. It had a few very low branches (near the base) I kept 2 of them and cut the rest off and sealed the cut. Then I cut those 2 branches very short (to about 2 buds). What you see now is the tree formed from those 2 small side branches. (that's why the base is so thick).
The roots are also cut very short to start with and new ones are developed just like the top. It's actually very easy but just take a long time.

So beautiful!
Can we have a photo of the next breathtaking stage - the first leaves, the first green tips?

This bonsai is just gorgeous! Imagine all those flowers against blue sky ... some petals falling through the wind ... :clap: ! (I know, I know, but over here, we are in the middle of some hot and dry calima (dust) and every picture that helps cooling down a bit is highly appreciated! Hot sun and no blue sky ...)

Latest posts

Back