Pleuro palliolata 'Reiki'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
Acronia (Pleuro) palliolata 'Reiki'

I have tried to bloom this one for years but ended up with bud blast or with keikis only every year. I had some buds blast last month and I thought I was going to have all keikis again but I have some leaves blooming :Dancin: I think I now have the culture down.

Forgot this was moved in 2005 by Leur as well from Pleuro to Acronia

P2220080.jpg

Last edited:
heyhey, it looks awesome--love the red tongue

just a quick Q since i see it can be applied to ur picture. i see that u have both flowers and keikis at the same place on the leaf (but on different leafs). when they are developing, how do u know if they are a keiki or a beginning of flower? any morphological differences?

Nick, I originally thought all the leaves were going to flower. Buds started to develope and then blasted on the leaves that now have keikis. My thoughts are, both flowers and keikis are a means for the plant to reproduce. If the culture is poor and the buds blast, this is a stress signal to the plant that that growth may die and it then produces a keikis just in case. The keikis have a chance to carry on the genetic material. I may be wrong in this thought pattern but I suspect that I am not.

hmm icic. thx, but i wat i was trying to ask is when the growth is developing, how does it differ. for example: is the keiki growth a different colour than a bud development.

no both growths are identical. Some of the growths that are blooming had keikis last year. So, it appears that a growth can bloom or keiki depending on an environmental factor. Hope I answered your question this time.

Back