Pleuro cobraeformis

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MoreWater

my fave pleuro :)

update: new name is Acronia cobriformis

Last edited by a moderator:
That's neato!

*chris gets some paper and starts scratching figures on how much it would cost to setup a small terrarium to grow pleuros.*

you won't need a terrarium for this one. I grow it out in the open (which means anywhere from 25-80% RH, depending on the time of year) on a wood mount. Oh wait, it's now on a tree fern mount, thanks to a babysitter.

A couple more photos - a crop of the first one, and a closer look.

Panama.

Okay, I have now done the research I should have done earlier. It should be spelled cobriformis per Kew monocots db, and per pleurothallids.com it is now Acronia cobriformis. I really dislike having to learn new names. :mad:

MoreWater said:
pleurothallids.com it is now Acronia cobriformis. I really dislike having to learn new names. :mad:
Nice photo's. Luckily, Lynn O'shaunesy's site has most of the new names but you're right it's annoying. I won the bid on a 10 jet ultrasonic fogger on eBay so from now on [if I get a good timer] I should have good luck w/ pleuro's and Masdie's.

Back