Pleione formosana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
I mentioned this in one of my older threads, but I really had to cut back on tropical orchids due to a lack of time and space, so I don't see as many blooms in the house as I used to. While not tropical, this Pleione formosana is a beautiful little windowsill plant blooming right now, just as we are getting a huge dump of snow outside. It reminds me that elsewhere in the world, spring actually exists before May! I picked up a couple bulbs at the orchid show a few weeks ago. I'm sure they're nothing special to a lot of people, but Pleione are very uncommon around here, and this is only the second or third time I've seen one in flower.

Very nice, this genus has conquered a spot in my Orchid heart. Last year was my first full season as a Pleione grower and all plants grew very well, the only one I have issues with is Pleione aurita.

Actually there was a vendor a few years ago at the Montreal Orchidphiles show who hasd them. I'll check next week at the 2013 show. You dont see them often because they bloom for a short while and that's it till next year.

Back