Please remove me as a member of this forum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If a member of this forum wants to leave, they can do so without anyone knowing - right? There's no need to start a thread entitled, "Please remove me from this forum" unless they want to start something, which the person demonstrates in the first post by repeating how wrong people are not to agree with them.

I wonder how sincere a person is if, a couple of posts later, they say they're staying. If you want to leave a forum, you leave. If you don't, you don't. My conclusion is that this person doesn't want to leave but rather wants to draw attention - once again - to themselves, their proclaimed insider information, and their subsequent importance.

If a person of integrity has information that cannot be shared, they don't hint at it, taunt people with it, run down others based on it, accuse still others of refusing to see the "truth" because of it, proclaim that one day, people will see it - this insider info that they can't reveal and which might be based on rumors anyway - only you're dead wrong/misguided/worse to express any doubts about their "truth" because even though it's based on rumors - or not - they can't reveal it because it's confidential and puts them in too much danger.

Oh, drama. Oh, intrigue. Oh, intense attention through negativity.

A person of integrity says nothing about having confidential info and behaves as a constructive member of the group.

Does this person know how to get attention by being positive and supportive of others, by acknowledging there are multiple truths in any situation, that life is ambiguous, that they might be mistaken, that human nature is complex, that it's difficult or impossible to know the absolute, THIS IS RIGHT AND ALL ELSE IS WRONG kind of truth?

Does this person understand that, as a knowledgable orchid person deeply involved with Pk, they have a significant opportunity to serve as a leader, responding graciously in a complex situation packed with emotion?

It's not what comes into our lives - questions, contradictions, and ambiguity about Pk, in this case - it's what we do with it that matters. We have no choice about what has or hasn't happened w/ Pk. We have absolute choice about how we treat others through the unfolding.

Whitecat,

Well said, with more grace and intelligence than I could muster in my posts. I should just tell you what I am thinking and let you post for me in the future.

Though, I think we can all stop holding our breath waiting for this situation to come to a resolution.

This e-mail is not aimed at any one person in particular, but simply meant to explain a few
things.

I have read all kind of assumptions being made in this thread; I have no intention to address any of them.
You are free to think what you want.

I am going to explain where I come from; that a misconceptions may have resulted from my own
not so careful word choice, in particuar "rumours" Those among you who have known me for a long time,
know that I don't beat around the bush and I certainly do not lie.

I have never yet been afraid to express my knowledge and believes publicly, and I never will be.

However, in the Pk saga, I do protect my Peruvian sources who have asked their names not be revealed.
In many cases what I have posted are truly reports from my many Peruvian friends, they tell me can be backed up
with documents and witnesses. But just like newspaper reporters I protect my sources.

If Jerry Fischer is allowed to make statements about characters in the Pk saga, without having to put proof on the
table, then why would you want to demand it from me? !

For several years in my lectures and on other forums I have elected to call these reports "rumours".
That was a mistake on my part, I should have said "reports from trusted honest Peruvian friends that say they have documents and winesses to back them up." It was so much easier to say "rumours." I will not again use it from now on..

(I kindly ask Lance to explain once more why Peruvians are afraid, for he has already touched on that subject
in previous posts. Peruvian culture is rich in history and wonderful, there are significant contrasts with
Western culture.)

1.) After one suggestion that ST wanted me to stay, and another that I would not be dropped from the list,
I changed my mind and decided to stay. Simple as that. Why make an issue of it???

2) Let me be perfectly clear, I am not intimidated by any of you who believe it is a negative for me.
Remember, only wise men change their mind.

3) I always state the facts as I know them and I will not back down for any of you, ridicule and all.

4) I realize that some of you do not know me, but believe me I am well known all over N and S America in connection
with Pk. My background concerning Pk is extensive, I have known about Pk from before Kovach purchased his plants from the same farmer I visited 1/2 year earlier. I know all the top orchid authorities in Peru having taught many of them at Lima's Agricultural University and visited their greenhouses and homes.I have dealt with INRENA and the USFWS concerning this case and I have known the Arias family longer than all of you together. I could go on, but at the risk at starting another
explosion of posts I decide to stop here.

5) Jerry Fischer in his ST post said the following:" Peter, The words defamation and Libel come to mind. The definition of Libel: " A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation."

6)My response on the same forum to Jerry: "(Please don't give me this libel crap, I know what I say and I have lots of proof to back up what I say, even about that which I chose to call rumours.)"
I have no further obligation to anyone on this forum to reveal what I have, wait until I am asked to appear in a court of law, charged with libellous comments. Don't hold your breath!!

7)If you have any question about Pk or the Pk saga, just ask me. You will always get an honest answer, but it may not always be what you were hoping for. If I may suggest, start a new thread and give it any name with Pk in it.
peter
p.s. For your information, I am very proud to announce that it was Centro de Jardineria Manrique and
Associates, who propagated and flowered the FIRST LEGAL Pk HYBRID in the world. If you are interested
in seeing the first flower, visit my website http://home.golden.net/~orchids see under Phragmipedium kovachii News. I will post more pictures, as soon as I receive them.

Peter

Peter,

Based on your attitude, I just don't consider you a credible source of information. And I certainly wouldn't buy anything from you.

Eric Muehlbauer said:
I for one have found the Pk info to be an astoundingly informative series of threads....and as can be expected, its raised some hackles. Peter, I hope you continue to post on this issue...i have always appreciated your posts on OGD and your knowledge...and as I have said in another post, this is really one of the more civilised forums out there....we all stand to benefit from these discussions....Take care, Eric

Thank you Eric!

p.s. For your information, I am very proud to announce that it was Centro de Jardineria Manrique and
Associates, who propagated and flowered the FIRST LEGAL Pk HYBRID in the world. If you are interested
in seeing the first flower, visit my website http://home.golden.net/~orchids see under Phragmipedium kovachii News. I will post more pictures, as soon as I receive them.

Peter, that looks suspiciously like the photo Ron has been posting of Glen Decker's plant!!

I think he needs photo credit on your website.

Candace you are correct I received it from Alfredo Manrique, photographer to be confirmed.

By the way, Green Canyon Orchids and Piping Rock Orchids are both Pk distributors for
CJM, owned and operated by Alfredo Manrique, just so you know.

Mar 2, 02007 10:20 pm
Glen Decker has just informed me that he is the photographer.

Ron's pictures posted on this forum are awesome. Congratulations Ron.

peter

PHRAG said:
Peter,

Based on your attitude, I just don't consider you a credible source of information. And I certainly wouldn't buy anything from you.

Not to worry Phrag, I would not have sold you anything, but have sent
you to your "more credible" source.

peter

OK, guys. I don't think we can judge another person's attitude based on a couple of posts. And posts can be read differently by different people. Sometimes it's too easy to hide ourselves behind our words in emails or forum posts.

So now beat on me...

Latest posts

Back