Plant tags

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We use a laser printer with Avery weatherproof "paper". A little bit of mail merge magic in Word, some quick cutting... Works great. Completely customizable.

-Ernie

Hello all,

Thelorax: Thank you for the tip about writting in pencil... happy growing...

Back on the subject.
I bought some tags today as a matter of fact but the blinds are a excellent idea.

ANYWAY, I would think the #2 pencil wouldn't last any time!!! Doesn't it wash right off with the water compared to the marker?

Back on the subject.
I bought some tags today as a matter of fact but the blinds are a excellent idea.

ANYWAY, I would think the #2 pencil wouldn't last any time!!! Doesn't it wash right off with the water compared to the marker?

You'd be very, very surprised.

I've seen local wild Isotria medeoloides plants that have 15 year-old penciled tags while neighboring archaeological tags written in Sharpie have completely faded after 3 years.

The Sharpies don't seem to last much more than a few seasons. I'd be very surprised if I even had any left outside that were still legible that made it to the 3 year mark.

Back