Piping Rock sold!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met Glen a few weeks ago. He was planning on retiring years ago. He sold all of his breeding Phragmipedium to Kyle at Quintal Farm before he sold the rest of his plants to George Crosier including the greenhouse. He keeps 500 plants as his personal collection and become a hobby grower again with his new 12x24 greenhouse. It seems like he has planned his retirement well and he is happy with it so far.
That is so good to hear. He is a good man

Wish I could get my kids interested. It seems like I buy a lot of collections these days (two big collections this year, one commercial grower and one former commercial grower). I'm well past my limit for a one man operation. :)
Where are you located?

Operating an orchid plant business is a LOT of work, and has led to several failures by the new operators.

Parkside?, Orchid Zone? Will this be another?

would have been great to still have a source like that still local...

although it would have been expensive

(for me ;-) )

Operating an orchid plant business is a LOT of work, and has led to several failures by the new operators.

Parkside?, Orchid Zone? Will this be another?

My guess is, yes, this is another one that fails. The fact that the site has been disabled for purchasing for over a year probably means it isn't ever coming back.

Growing is one thing, then there's customer service and order fulfillment, which guys like Ray and Tom make look easy. Who knows how much appetite they'll have for retail eCommerce.

If they're successful with some grow cycles, they'll have extra plants to deal with. So there's that. Lots of headwinds when scaling, I wish 'em all the best.

Latest posts

Back