Piping Rock Orchid Open House

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RNCollins

Reaction score
Piping Rock Orchids

Open House, Picnic, & Guest Speakers

Saturday ~ June 6th, 2015 ~ 10:30 AM
2270 Cook Road ~ Galway, NY

Open House
Plant Sales

Special Guest Speaker / Vendors:

Terry Kowalczuk - the owner of FLORA PECULIA, is known for having perhaps the largest retail collection of Neofinetia falcata (fuukurin) varieties in Canada. Terry has a passion in preserving and presenting Neofinetia as a special plant in the historic Japanese tradition. Flora Peculia carries over 100 varieties of Neofinetia and is growing!

Terry is also a gardener with KIVA GARDENS and the Music Director of COUNTERPOINT COMMUNITY ORCHESTRA in Toronto. Having directed Beethoven's Ninth Symphony is one of his greatest personal joys. Terry has a passion in preserving and presenting Neofinetia as a special plant in the historic Japanese tradition. Flora Peculia carries over 100 varieties of Neofinetia and is growing!

Additional Speaker: (to be announced...)

North Eastern New York Orchid Society (NENYOS) & Piping Rock Orchids Sponsored Picnic Lunch - including Hamburgers,
Hotdogs, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, all types of salads and more

http://www.pipingrockorchids.com/open-house-at-piping-rock-orchids.php

Good to know - 3 hours one way is a long drive though.

Thanks

It's a great open house, maybe get some other st'ers to split the trip? Likely too far for me though, another two hours from s jersey unless we could commandeer one of those commuter choppers that was flying over Clark's place yesterday

I was seriously considering it. I'm teetering about passing on this one. Will you two be driving off from the city?

I'm meeting Neil at the train Sat. Morning (Metro North Hudson Line - Beacon Station) and then I'll drive him back to the city Sat. Eve.

I'm going to sit this one out. You folks enjoy.

I'll wait out for the one at silva in september when NWO is there. I will be driving and will be cutting through the city. I'll have 2-3 seats available if anyone wants to hop in while I'm driving through.

One of the speakers is from Canada and has over 100 varieties of neofinetia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh I know. I poured through Terry's list over and over again. The only thing I'm looking for now is the yubae. Nwo doesn't have any. There was one on eBay a couple of days ago but seller was from California and posted at 12 am I woke up at 430am EST and I was too late!

Plus I have to work this weekend. I would love to go though.

Last edited:
Back