Piping Rock kovachii Hybrids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No orders from me yet, I'm holding my money for when the species becomes available. If I do get one of the hybrids, it will be after I see some pics of their flowers and I know what to expect.

I'm mainly trying to avoid buying these seedlings because it will probably do long term damage to my psyche. Having something that off the wall that no one has seen before and have to stare at it every day for a year waiting to see the bloom...I don't think I could take it anymore. I'd be in a straight jacket in a rubber room by the time it bloomed.

Jon
________
Extreme Q Vaporizer Review

Last edited:
Jon in SW Ohio said:
I'm mainly trying to avoid buying these seedlings because it will probably do long term damage to my psyche. Having something that off the wall that no one has seen before and have to stare at it every day for a year waiting to see the bloom...I don't think I could take it anymore. I'd be in a straight jacket in a rubber room by the time it bloomed.

That's exactly why I want to get one!

I just bought some species flasks, and am now worried that I'll kill them :) With any luck, they'll have a high enough survival rate that I'll be able to offer them at a reasonable price.

- Matthew Gore

gore42 said:
I just bought some species flasks, and am now worried that I'll kill them :) With any luck, they'll have a high enough survival rate that I'll be able to offer them at a reasonable price.

- Matthew Gore
Good for you, Matt! The more vendors that have them, the better for the rest of us!

I like this particular species the flowers remind me of mickey mouse (hey Heather see I didn't connect it to a female this time aren't you proud? :rollhappy: ). The thing is I'm to scared to try phrags. I will eventually though whenever I get more room or move out and dedicated some serious space to a grow area.

Matt - Great pickup I'm sure they'll do fine under your care :)

gore42 said:

- Matthew Gore

I hope that happens! I'm tentatively planning on buying a species seedling from you!

Picked up my four hybrids from Glen yesterday. [One of each] Two of them have spans of about six or seven inches. The plants are well grown and healthy. I am very happy. Rusty

Latest posts

Back