Pinocchio x Hellene

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooby5757

lightly hirsute
Reaction score
Pinocchio x helenae

This little guy is first bloom seedling and has been going strong since about mid July. At first it had one flower, then two, then one again, then two, now three this past week. Got it from a big grower. The tag says Pinocchio x Hellene, but I have my doubts now that it's open. Also, can't find any hybrid named Hellene, though the name is awfully similar to something else Ive heard before. At any rate, Im very pleased with it.

Also tried something a little more "fru-fru"ey with second set of photos. Was playing with the camera and that upside table with a white sheet idea for lighting. I'd say there better than my previous photos, but not as good as some of you all take. I'll keep practicing.

may112007011-1.jpg

may112007012.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

Last edited:
helenae x Pinocchio = Paph. Hsinying Helen It was registered in 2007. I believe I saw some of these for sale at the POE in San Fran. last year.

This little guy is first bloom seedling and has been going strong since about mid July. At first it had one flower, then two, then one again, then two, now three this past week. Got it from a big grower. The tag says Pinocchio x Hellene, but I have my doubts now that it's open. Also, can't find any hybrid named Hellene, though the name is awfully similar to something else Ive heard before. At any rate, Im very pleased with it.

Also tried something a little more "fru-fru"ey with second set of photos. Was playing with the camera and that upside table with a white sheet idea for lighting. I'd say there better than my previous photos, but not as good as some of you all take. I'll keep practicing.

So, looks like there was a typo on this 'big grower's' tag. helenae x Pinocchio, rather than Pinocchio x Hellenae.
Nice flowers though, and well-grown plant.
Also, nice pics.

Nice pics and flower!!!! It seems like it has been split in half!!! The upper part for helenae and the lower for pinocchio! Thanks for sharing!

I'm convinced it's helenae too. Had no intention of it being it, but it was a pleasant surprise. Can't beat the successive blooming on it either. Im interested to see how many growths it pops up later on. Easy does helenae become multigrowth easily?

At any rate it's a keeper. :)

I'm convinced it's helenae too. Had no intention of it being it, but it was a pleasant surprise. Can't beat the successive blooming on it either. Im interested to see how many growths it pops up later on. Easy does helenae become multigrowth easily?

At any rate it's a keeper. :)

Ty, any single growth plant that loses its foliage will throws out multiple growths (3, 4 minimum) right away. This happened to all my paphs & phrags that were eating by insects to bare sticks.
The trick is nurture those babies' leads well (I am not good at it, and the insects prefer new growths, so most of the times I lose those plants)

Really nice ... i want one. I saw what looked like a similar helenae cross at the London Orchid Show this year ... although it wasn't labelled as such, I'm sure it was.

Latest posts

Back