Pink Trio

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
From left, a first blooming plant of Magic Lantern (made with delenatii var. dunkel). The spike on this plant is very thin and weak, so it had to be staked up.

The center is my old faithful Magic Lantern blooming out of cycle. It usually blooms in May-June. It bloomed with two spikes, each bearing two flowers back in June 2019, and it's blooming again now.
This one has always had such a sturdy thick spike that stands on its own nicely.
It's currently exploding with five new growths, so the next blooming should be fantastic!!

Last is the delenatii whose freaky third flower has just recently fallen off.

Gl3aMsjl.jpg

I love your Magic Lanterns. The coloration of the staminode on the young one is very eye catching.
They are all beautiful.
The yellow part isn't completely covered up by the darker colors like the other flower, so it creates a bright center spot, right? I enjoy all these little variations. Hence, I have a few of these. :)

Note that the plant on the left was sitting closer to the camera. They are about the same size but the other one is quite noticeably larger. 9.5cm vs. 10cm natural spread.
I was never very good at spacial things. Made studying stereo chemistry a horrible experience.

The MLs with two totally different staminodes, very interesting.
Yeah, while they all look very similar, I enjoy those subtle differences from flower to flower.
I bought two more bs seedlings just recently just to enjoy the leaves and future flowers with subtle differences that will surprise me. :)

Hey Neal, I couldn't do the Paph forum this year because I got a speeding ticket the week before. There goes $300! :( I have no parvies in bloom at this time, although they are mostly doing OK.

Latest posts

Back