Pink Sky in Sheath!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO the pale color due to artificial lightning. For sure it's depending on its parents genetics, but if as the leaves are showing brighter tones of colors, the flower why not? Photo?

It has been very slow to open. The second bud is slowly opening now.
The petals on the first flower still has bumpy parts, but I guess it's fully open now. It is 16 cm across. Not too small after all.
I will post once the second flower opens.

Matt- possible but I don't think so. All my parvi ( or brachy) x multi hybrids actually greened up under the T8 while others got lighter in color.
One of my Pink Sky plants always showed this very light part when new but then they green up when old. Kinda like certain Neofinetia!
I took this plant out of the light set up because of 1. Too much heat possibly damaging the developing buds, 2. Spike getting taller.

The pale color is not uncommon. I've seen lots of Delrosi and some Pink Smy with very pale flowers, although I would think the amount of pink hue can change from bloom to bloom.

Finally here.
It was prettier a couple of days ago without all those curling around everywhere. I guess I waited too long.

I was going to wait until both flowers are open, but I think I killed the open flower by trying to reorient the top bud, which was squashing down on the open bloom. Oh, well.

This is very much washed out flower with some stripes.
Natural spread is 16cm.

Two growth-plant. The one currently in bloom has more than a dozen leaves, and the next growth has about six, but it looks like it will make a spike soon.

Zus0h3ml.jpg

The first thing I see is stonei.
Those pale sepals and wavy petals, especially.
Then nice strips from roth and delenatii pink.

I just wish it was a lot more pink.

The first thing I see is stonei.
Those pale sepals and wavy petals, especially.
Then nice strips from roth and delenatii pink.

I just wish it was a lot more pink.

Yes, I really see a lot of stonei in this. Maybe a bit too much influence. Yes, some Pink Sky's can be a darker pink, others have nice contrasting dark pink and white. I have more of an issue with the shape than the colour. The segments are narrow and twisted. Maybe that might improve?

Agree.
The first flower was rather flat, but then it started to dance around fast. lol
I think my ideal for this kind of thing would be light dorsal with dark link petals.

Let's see. I'm not too fond of this but if it keeps blooming easily, I might keep until my other ones and Delrosi come into bloom, which I think they are!

Latest posts

Back