Pink Sky in Sheath!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
I have three plants of this cross, two of them being siblings, and all have been growing very well in the past couple of years.

This one is definitely in real sheath, not a fake one that turns into yet another leaf.

I'm so excited!!!!! :drool:

Now the worry is the malformed flowers. but for now, I'm just happy it has finally put out a sheath!

I was this close to pitching them all! yes, I'm not very patient. :eek:

By the way, a little bit on culture note.
This has been under T8 bulbs in the last two months or so, so apparently T8 lights so far have been enough to keep the plants alive.
It was being grown near sunny window before.
The only difference I see is that the green tone of the plant looks rather funny since I switched it to artificial light.

pinksky_zpsmqx8fftn.jpg

pinksky1_zpsfwdhnbbe.jpg

The parvi x multi crosses I have bloomed seemed to be more like the parvi parent with respect to speed of the bud development. The plants are also smaller, so maybe it is just a question of stored energy. My guess is that it will take months.

Mike

Eric- regular. Are these made with dunkel as well? Who sells them? :)

Mike- how long does Roth or stonei, or Lady Isabel take from sheath to flower?
My two delenatii take about two three months from sheath to flower.

Marco- the dark sheath is already popped open slightly. :p

Wow!!! Where did you get them?

It's been three years and I'm not really sure.

By the way, was it you who posted this very nice Delrosi (made with delenatii dunkel) in the past?
How is it doing?
I have three, and none are yet to flower.
All grow like weed! lol

Oh, yes. Definitely. I see at least two flower possibility! :) Woo Hoo!
It's been developing quite fast.
Will update soon.

So at least this won't have arrested spike that is stuck on the center of the plant. lol

This is amazing speed for just four days considering my bellatulum and micranthum hybrid have taken a little over one month to do about the same amount of growing.

pink_zps7gpa8ech.jpg

and while at it, these two photos are of two different plants of Delrosi.
Three years ago, when I first saw something like what is seen in the first picture, I was super excited.
Then, it would just grow out as a leaf like another one shown in the second photo, where you can actually see about three leaves that fooled me over the years.

In contrast, Harold Koopowitz and Gloria Naugle, two that grow lots of roots but very slow top growth for me, have not even done this kind of fooling so far.

Delrosi and Pink Sky, weeds! lol

del_zpsnq703apr.jpg

del1_zpstclnaiup.jpg

Even if it is horribly twisted and distorted?
I think I will toss on the trash bin without a second of thinking. lol

How's your Gloria Naugle doing??

By the way, did you visit Piping Rock this month??

Latest posts

Back