Pink multi floral unknown

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With that lip coloration and given the size of that plant, my guess is that it's got P. philippinense in it. Philly normally muddies up the lip of crosses with other multiflorals (especially those with red in the lip), but with crosses involving parvies (other than delenatii) and brachys, it often produces this yellow or orange tint to the pouch. I think you are correct about this involving P. vietnamense, since if it had been delenatii, it's highly unlikely the yellow would come through, unless this is a very recently opened flower. The lip color might also be due to P. emersonii influence, but I'm doubtful of that since I'd also anticipate P. emersonii would wash out the petals and dorsal a lot more.

I'm far from certain about this ID, though. I don't see any photos of philippinense x vietnamense to compare it with, and the closest I can find is Paphiopedilum Saigon Pink (here) which looks quite a bit different.

That Phalaenopsis is so cute!! Tetraspis??

Regarding the paph. I also agree with Happyrotter about possible emersonii. If you look at some of the examples of emersonii x multifloral, emersonii doesn't necessarily wash out the colors. Some are heavily colored. The color pattern on the staminode is also emersonii to me.
Vietnamese help reduce the plant size, but some plants always come out smaller or larger than the siblings.
One can only estimate that this is a combo between multi and parvi, which is obvious. Heck, it might even have a cochlo somewhere in there.

Latest posts

Back