pink ladyslipper and others from jones rd. adirondack park ny

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I took these pictures sunday *right* as a thunderstorm was coming through. Wanted to get a better closeup picture of the lip, but, well didn't want to get zapped while standing on the edge of a swamp!

jrpl1.JPG

jrpl2.JPG

jrpl3.JPG

jrpl4.JPG

a very pale pink ladyslipper

jrpl5.JPG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a large padleaved orchid (platanthera macrophylla) in spike near the pink ladyslippers
jrlpl.JPG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

some more early coralroot from the edge of the hemlock mossy swamplet next to the road, not far from the pink ladyslippers

jrecr1.JPG

jrecr2.JPG

jrecr3.JPG

jrecr4.JPG

jrecr5.JPG

very nice...I need to get out for a hike

if anyone wants to come around different places around here for a look, just let me know there's a lot to see. especially around the cortland area and the adirondacks. well, all over. often there is a requirement of lots of bug spray and tall boots, but if your iron count is high and have strong legs you'll manage :D
yeah, i get around though my car/ken's car definitely aren't as fast as a transporter, and have the curious habit of consuming large amounts of $$$. would be happy to check out the newfs gardens and all sometime when they allow us to use our vacation time at work. i'm trying to do as much driving and picture taking as I can before gas and everything else gets so expensive that I don't have money anymore :(

Back