Pinguicula moranensis

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Could not resist taking this one home, the color of those flowers makes me happy.

butterwart003.jpg

do they work for fruit flies? I need a serious fruit fly trap, and soon. I was thinking about a Drosera or Pinguicula.

do they work for fruit flies? I need a serious fruit fly trap, and soon. I was thinking about a Drosera or Pinguicula.

I have a few Pings, none of them can catch fruit flies, but Drosera work well. I have a fruit fly problem too, year round, and the thing that works best for me a is to take an almost empty bottle of beer with just a centimeter or two left in the bottom, then affix a paper funnel with a hole just large enough for them to fit through down into the bottle, and then wait. The fermentation process that the beer goes through and the the carbon dioxide in the beer that drives fruit flies wild.

if y'all have fruit flies from saving things for a compost pile/wormbin, freeze your waste to kill the eggs then put it in the pile...

Latest posts

Back