Pictures of paph Liberty Taiwan at Sepos show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Cheyenne

Does anyone have pictures of my Liberty Taiwan from the show? I am having computer trouble and can't get the pictures off my camera right now. I know someone already posted one in the SEPOS thread, didn't know if maybe someone has another one. If you do, thank you in advance.

Thank you for posting this Eric(eorchids). Yes, NYEric if you have any please post them if you could. I need any other pics if you have them. I can't get mine off the camera right now as I said before. So it is a big help. Thanks.

Cheyenne

Could you tell me what kind documentation was required for the award to be processed? I have some of the first legal hangianums in this country, but they have not bloomed yet. I also have some very nice mature hangianum hybrids and many more smaller seedlings without documentation. Has the AOS eased up on its requirements for the hybrids? If so, I applaud their decision, since these plants have been for sale at nearly every show I've attended in the past few years.

Mike

No Mike- same old back and forth with them. (IMO) Sometimes stuff gets awarded and then nullified but they seldom stand unless mislabeled.
I also asked about the plant, but didn't hear anything (thank Eric). Once there are hybrids that have paperwork (which to me seems absurd) like this one, I can't imagine the AOS doing that for every one.

They are often awarded in Canada without an issue. I was told that it is an issue of the native laws and regs more so then what they want. The same person also told me that the AOS requires paperwork b/c they temporarily are in possession of the plant during judging and something to the effect of 'what if the cops stopped you and you just said you were holding the drugs in your pocket for someone else. They got me on that one. But still ridiculous for hybrids.

That's BS. It's just that the AOS doesn't want to show any political bent. I dont think they are willing to make amendments to unprotect plants even if they are plentiful because of all the effort it took to get CITES in place. Of course lack of genetic plant material is hurting commercial production in places that actually enforce CITES, like here. :eek:

Sorry for the late reply. I have had back and forth with the AOS. They are telling me the only hangianum hybrids that are legal are the ones that have entered after last July. Which would be July 2013. I have paperwork for legal hybrids going to the begining of 2012. I still have email lists of Perner's from at least the beginning of 2012 showing hangianum hybrids. I bought a bunch of flasks and mature plants at the paph forum 2013 which had paperwork that I guess they would somehow consider illegal. I know other people got plants before me also. They asked to see my paperwork and I still may send it to them. But right now I am so fed up with this nonsense that I don't even want to give them the $35 dollars for it. I really don't know how they came up with that date. So next time even if I have paperwork I will probably put it in for an award under the wrong name and screw up there whole system. Because once you get a Liberty Taiwan awarded under Lola Bird it is going to be pretty hard to get a real Lola Bird awarded. This is what I get for trying to do things the right way. I will try to post a few more pics later

Cheyenne I am very sorry to hear about this. They clearly have things wrong. Paperwork is paperwork and that's all that should be needed if that is their reason. Along with them perhaps not awarding an absolutely fantastic plant they discourage other people from entering and possibly displaying them at all.

It really seems like over reaching.

Chad I agree it is absolutely absurd. It undoubtedly discourages others to enter or display plants that are worthy of an award. The thought process of the AOS is strange. I had two awards last year but never ended up paying the 70$ since it ended up being such a hassle much like this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So based on this all the hybrids made from legal plants before June of 2013 are null and void?! That is ridiculous. Should i use my paperwork for a coaster then? I support many things that the AOS is involved in but this is one I will continue to argue. I thought that all of the regulations were to help discourage the collecting of 'illegal' plants. Seems like the opposite. Why should we pay extra for plants that are treated the same?

The plant absolutely deserves an award. So well done Cheyenne, regardless of what the outcome is.

Latest posts

Back