Pictures from Foothills Orchid Society Show (Calgary, Canada)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
This was my first time at this show. The show itself was considerably smaller than my native Edmonton show has been, but there were some amazing plants. The show also featured a sales area where I encountered some of the rarest plants I have ever found (like Paph thaianum, which I have never seen for sale before). Needless to say, this will be an annual trip for me now :D. Following are some photos I took there. I will also be posting some photos of plants I purchased as buds open.

Paph Harold Koopowitz:

Paph Lynleigh Koopowitz:

Paph Vanda M. Pearman:

Paph helenae:

This one was labelled Paph thaianum but looks more like Paph niveum to me (any comments?):

Paph charlesworthii

Paph Saint Armel

Cheers,

Joe

Nice pix! You got some really good shots of some great plants. My pictures are terrible; not even worth posting, they're so blurry. Musta been shaking with excitement or something. :eek:

Nice pix! You got some really good shots of some great plants. My pictures are terrible; not even worth posting, they're so blurry. Musta been shaking with excitement or something. :eek:

I know exactly what you mean. I always walk into shows trembling; it's nice to know I'm not alone! :rollhappy: I should have taken more pictures now that I think about it... not a single Phrag in there. I did take a pic of the huge Phrag Cardinale 'Birchwood' that gave me a heart attack but it didn't turn out... :(

Dang, I wish I'd been able to get out for that. Was that Paramount's St Armel (I bought one there several years ago)? The Edmonton Orchid Show is usually quite a bit bigger but the Foothills Show usually has a lot of nice stuff too (it is Paramount's home turf).

Shaun

Dang, I wish I'd been able to get out for that. Was that Paramount's St Armel (I bought one there several years ago)? The Edmonton Orchid Show is usually quite a bit bigger but the Foothills Show usually has a lot of nice stuff too (it is Paramount's home turf).

Shaun

I have no idea where that particular plant originated from but considering its location it likely was from Paramount. Yeah it's a smaller show but I did much better in purchases than I have ever done in Edmonton! :drool:

I did get one okay picture of a phrag; it was grown by one of the FOS members. I believe it is a schlimii....

IMG_1129.jpg

:clap: NICE! NICE! You're giving me the urge! Illinois Orchid Society has their show at the botanic gardens this weekend!

Very nice paphs and phrag! Thanks for sharing!!!! But I this plant (in the red circle) drew my attention! Do you know what it is????

Attachments

• IMG_1129.jpg
    IMG_1129.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 18
I attended and got some rare plants. I got Paph. helenae (B.S with 5" Ls), tigrinum (single growth+new start) and Phrag. popowii (warscewiczianum), paid a fortune, but the plant was huge, healthy and one of Orchids Limited awarded cross. I also got Paph druyii 8"LS seedling, hard to find in Canada. BTW that Paph. St Armel was indeed belongs to Paramount Orchids and i did pass out the chance to buym coz i already go the Dollgoldi. would have bought if i know the flower going to be that nice.

Latest posts

Back