Pics from the Richmond Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you mean, Per? The lighting at Strange's was virtually IDEAL on Friday and Saturday before 10am! That was the beauty of having the show in a GREENHOUSE versus a dark and dank auditorium, community center or mall!

Check out any of the photos posted from other shows and you'll see what I mean!

John's photos are BEAUTIFUL!

Garland
Virginia Orchid Society
Show Co-Chairman (Maybe I'm a little sensitive!)

Dear Slipperhead,
Please do not take my comments at all as criticism. It was a lovely show and the venue was far, far superior to any dark and dank auditorium. I assure you that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

When I commented on the photos, I only meant that in a public space, any photographer lacks the lighting control that many would want. This would be true of any show, in a greenhouse or not, even if a greenhouse is preferable. Moreover, I was at the show Sunday afternoon, so that may play into my lighting comment as well. I believe I would have needed extra light to pickup some of the finer details and more subtle colors. This could also be a limitation of my camera, but not other visitors.

I assure you that it I meant no criticism of the show or Strange's. In fact, all I meant is that it is incredibly difficult to do that China Dragon justice, in any medium. Nor should you take my comments as disparaging John's photos. I think that the photographs are spectacular; clearly, he is quite skilled. I assure you that I did not mean to offend anyone, and please except my apologies if I did.

All the best,
Per

Slipperhead said:
What do you mean, Per? The lighting at Strange's was virtually IDEAL on Friday and Saturday before 10am! That was the beauty of having the show in a GREENHOUSE versus a dark and dank auditorium, community center or mall!

Check out any of the photos posted from other shows and you'll see what I mean!

John's photos are BEAUTIFUL!

Garland
Virginia Orchid Society
Show Co-Chairman (Maybe I'm a little sensitive!)

Back