Pics from Deep Cut Orchids Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Ty, you are so fast.
you didn't even give the masdevalia the chance to fully open yet:rollhappy:
By the way, that green one , is it what I think it is?

Well its not a "backroom" plant. :p Mem. Larry Heuer. It had some size to it. It was from the Duffin's display I believe.

Sweet!
That Haley Decker is something. I'll try to get a photo of Glen's NH exhibit tomorrow to post but it is all yellow dends. Pretty nice. Actually his really huge one (speciosum maybe? Yeah! That's right, hey, I learned something at clerking today...I don't know what they were thinking giving me Cyms and Dends! :confused: )

(Ohhhh, maybe it is because they wanted me to learn something NEW!)

Anyway, I worked with Glen and Carrie tonight in NH, they were down there Wed. to set up and said they just threw the exhibit together and were surprised to hear they had cleaned up!

:clap::clap:Thanks for posting Ty!
That Haley Decker is really nice!
Cym. DeathWish was different, as is it's name! an....
very appropriately named was Den. Candice 'Spotty Cake'!

Thanks so much for the photos. I like the way you try to get the name in the pic as well. I also loved your WOC pictures. Thanks for taking the time and effort to post them so we can also enjoy the shows.....from afar.

Cym. Death Wish was different, as is it's name!

geepers, as well as our native Aussie Dends, even local cymbidiums are popping up there... Cym Death Wish is from Royale Orchids breeding! I think it is the Cym Pywacket parent (and further along the lineage.. Cym traceyanum)that brings the unusual marking to it...

and here's what Death Wish looks like...

Attachments

• Cym Deathwish.JPG
    Cym Deathwish.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 11
These guys seem to be showing up more and more around here. Some of them really are lovely. I just have bad memories of a small Den. kingianum I killed years ago.

You actually killed a kingie????? They are probably one of the most indestructable orchids around. Don't worry, most of us have done it.
The hybrid natives coming out now from local breeders are classical. Always a hilight at many a show these days. I believe the export of these to the states is going well also.

I killed mine twice since I left it out in the yard and a cold front came in it got frozen!

Ramon:)

Latest posts

Back