Pick the non fairrieanum cross (a liitle slow)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephan

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I try to make it to a monthly meeting of The Australian Paph society which is held here in Brisbane. While there I take photos of any new or exiting flowers and plants. I thought I'd throw this one at you because it certainly threw me. You could cheat and look at Wildcatt or the like :) Have a look at these plants and tell yourself which one "doesn't" have faiirieanum in it - It'll surprise you!

PSouleageanumfairrieanumxconcolor.jpg

Pap Soulageanum

PaphEyeforEyeXRedMagic.jpg

Paph Eye for Eye by Raisin Magic

PElfinGlade.jpg

Paph Elfin Glade

Cheers
Stephan

I agree with Heather and Marcus. Without checking Wildcatt, I'd say that it is the (Eye for Eye x Raisin Magic) that does not have fairrieanum in it. Soulageanum is a fairrieanum primary hybrid with what other species? Can anyone guess without looking? The Elfin Glade has a vertical line in the center of the pouch that is similar to fairrieanum. I was considering making Elfin Glade at one time, but can't quite remember which plant inspired the idea. I'm guessing it was Paph Jessie (charlesworthii x fairrieanum). Can't remember the other parent, though it might be the same as the other parent in Soulageanum. I've made my comments, now I'm off to check Wildcatt and see if I'm right in my guesses.

Soulageanum is fairianum x concolor. I have one, but it looks quite different in color from this one -- more variation in color.

I didn't look at Wildcatt, but at the RHS site. I guessed wrong, but I'll take Paph. Elfin Glade anyway! So paphreek, why not remake it???

SlipperFan said:
Soulageanum is fairianum x concolor. I have one, but it looks quite different in color from this one -- more variation in color.

I didn't look at Wildcatt, but at the RHS site. I guessed wrong, but I'll take Paph. Elfin Glade anyway! So paphreek, why not remake it???

I only have one Paph Jessie, but I'm not real thrilled with the dorsal. However, I do have some nice concolors. Perhaps a remake might be interesting. Here are the prospective parents.
PaphJesse.jpg

PaphconcolorSlim.jpg

The concolor is very nice. I've not seen enough Jessie's to know if yours is good or not. Probably pretty good. Go for it!

You're all way to good for this bloke guys :)

Yeah - number two - Looked at quickly I thought the shape made it a "moral" to be a fairrie cross - still got a lot to learn.

Cheers
Stephan

Latest posts

Back