Picasso & Einstein

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tocarmar

Reaction score
We had a set of twins born. They are about 3-4 weeks old. We are hand feeding them as the parents rejected them.

Einstein

kangaroobabies012.jpg

kangaroobabies008.jpg

Picasso

kangaroobabies010.jpg

kangaroobabies006.jpg

What are they exactly?

Yes they are Sugar Gliders. They are originally from Australia. They are in the marsupial family (females have a pouch) related to kangaroos. Full grown with the tail they are about 8 inches. We now have 12 of them.

Its not that much work, I think it is fun feeding them, they lick the food off of your finger.

Awwww, they are so adorable! Not sure what my cats would think of them, but I would love them just the same!

By the way, your names made me think of the story about when Albert Einstein met Marilyn Monroe. (I paraphrase.)

She said: "I want to have your child! With my looks and your brain, it would be a perfect child!"

He said: "But what if it has my looks and your brains?!"

So adorable!
At what age did the parents reject them? How long will you have to handfeed?

So adorable!
At what age did the parents reject them? How long will you have to handfeed?
The parents just rejected them (about 3 weeks old). We are getting them to eat off of a spoon now, they should be able to eat on their own in another 1-2 weeks, and solid food after 2-3 weeks.

I've seen these critters before and I really think they are one of the cutest mammals I've ever seen.

However, I've also read that they are nocturnal so they start ravaging around by the time people wanted to sleep and they can smell pretty bad?

I've seen these critters before and I really think they are one of the cutest mammals I've ever seen.

However, I've also read that they are nocturnal so they start ravaging around by the time people wanted to sleep and they can smell pretty bad?
Yes they are nocturnal, but not overly noisy. I don't think they stink. They are on a very good diet cages are cleaned weekly. We have all 12 (6 cages) in our bedroom. I think ferrets stink more.

ahhhh they are so cute! That is funny that you named them both Einstein and Picasso. We used to have 2 cats named Einstein (him being a Persian with wild long white hair) and Picasso (a Siamese).

Robert

Yes they are nocturnal, but not overly noisy. I don't think they stink. They are on a very good diet cages are cleaned weekly. We have all 12 (6 cages) in our bedroom. I think ferrets stink more.

Good to hear that, allthough I probably will never own one because if I'm not mistaken they are illegal to posses over here. Or at least I would need a permit.

Latest posts

Back