Pic request for website - bloom and plant photos

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Most of you know this, but I have been building a website devoted to slipper orchids:
http://www.slipperorchids.info/

A big part of the site is the galleries, and almost all the pics have come from the generosity of those I've met here and at the SOF. I am here to repeat my request for any slipper photos that those of you would be willing to let me use. I mark all the photos with their owners names (although I have fallen behind in doing so on the data sheets).

And I have a new, detailed request for photos of plants. I'd like photos of: crown, top view, low bud, in bloom, underside of leaves. Pics of both regular and album plants would be appreciated. They make for a great contrast. For example, I've got pics of the crowns of my two venustums posted here:
http://www.slipperorchids.info/paphdatasheets/sigmatopetalum/venustum/index.html

Also, if anyone has suggestions/corrections, please don't hesitate to let me know! I have added a number of useful things that I never would've thought of.

As always, I am grateful to those who have contributed to, support, and use the site!

--Stephen

Stephen,

You know any of my pictures are yours to use. You don't have to ask, if you see something i post that you want to use, use away.

L

Thanks, guys! All pics are always wanted and welcome. I will continue to cherry-pick as people post their photos.

Heather, Phrag plant pics are welcome as well, as I am working on the Phrag data sheets. It takes forever to get the foundation for the sheets done, particularly the distribution graphics.

--Stephen

p.s. at the moment I'm only requesting species plant pics. If I tried to post photos of all the hybrid plants I could find, I'd never have time to do anything else...

I'll try to remember to take pics in the format you like Steve. If you like any of the ones I take you're more than welcome to use them as long as I'm the acknowledged photo taker :)

Got some new primaries posting soon.

Cheers
Stephan

Heather said:
Me too, except mine are generally really awful! :confused:
But if you want them...they are yours!

You've used some of mine in the past too, and I've realy enjoyed seeing them on the site, so just let me know if there's something you like.

Did you want the supardii pics?

Stephen,

You can use any of the photos from the gallery page on my website :) It's pretty limited at the moment, but I'll be posting more when I get the chance... a couple of the photos aren't bad.

- Matt Gore

Brief request!

Does anyone have pics of either of the following that I could use on my site:
Paph. Conco-bellatulum
Paph. Greyi

I'm hoping to get pics of all 6 of the brachy primaries and only have 4! (no wenshanense does not count... yet)

Thanks,

--Stephen

Stephen, I don't think this will help but I believe the album plant that just opened it's bloom is a Greyi. If you are interested send me a PM or direct e-mail and I'll try to get Donna to take a shot. That is of coarse if indeed it is a Greyi. Sort of think it is, though.

I have a plant labelled "ang thong" which I presume is the same as greyii. Its large, and looks nice at first glance...but a close inspection reveals a mess of pointed pimples on the pouch...I'm sure I have a photo somewhere...Take care, Eric

Latest posts

Back