• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Phrag's wanted. What a surprise!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYEric

Reaction score
Hi. I contacted Mr. Tom Larkin at Whipporwill Orchids yesterday to purchase some Phrag. besseae crosses and was informed that unfortunately they have gotten rid of all their seedlings (some at $75/dozen). [I wish they had sent a note to people they had done business w/ to give us a chance to get some!] :( Anyway...if anyone has of their seedlings to sell I would be very interested in purchasing them [particularly]: #663 Acker's Superstar x Waunakee Sunset, #675 Magdelene Rose x Beauport, #691 Mem. Dick Clemens x Waunakee Sunset, and # 692 Rosy Charm x besseae. And BTW I did find that peach Phrag Prissy I was interested in from OZ!

NYEric said:
Hi. I contacted Mr. Tom Larkin at Whipporwill Orchids yesterday to purchase some Phrag. besseae crosses and was informed that unfortunately they have gotten rid of all their seedlings (some at $75/dozen). [I wish they had sent a note to people they had done business w/ to give us a chance to get some!] :( Anyway...if anyone has of their seedlings to sell I would be very interested in purchasing them [particularly]: #663 Acker's Superstar x Waunakee Sunset, #675 Magdelene Rose x Beauport, #691 Mem. Dick Clemens x Waunakee Sunset, and # 692 Rosy Charm x besseae. And BTW I did find that peach Phrag Prissy I was interested in from OZ!

Let me look through my pile. Some of those crosses sound familiar.

I don't seem to have any of those crosses exactly. Close though. In the interest of my own sanity I spent some time this weekend putting names on things (rather than just Chuck's numbers).

Eric,

I do have the Acker's Superstar x Waunakee sunset cross, but I'm not sure how many are ready to sell at the moment. Let me know how many you're interested in and I'll take a look.

- Matt

Thanx all.
Matt, I'm just looking for one of each at the moment. I'm just an apartment grower. I'll wait until the weather calms down if you'll hold it for me.

Matt G. I tried to order the Acker's Superstar x Waunakee Sunset and the Twilight x besseae from your site but I dont have a paypal account. Do you take credit cards?

I do take credit cards through the PayPal shopping cart system (you don't need to have PayPal to use it), but the Acker's x Waun isn't listed on the website atm, if I'm not mistaken. That is, it doesn't have a cart button. I'll hold one for you, though. Send me an email to remind me to put your name on it, and I'll make sure you get one.

As Ever,
Matthew Gore

Matt, you're correct the Acker's Superstar X Waunakee Sunset wasn't listed for sale just used as a reference photo. I got in contact w/ Orchidbabies and the Baileys bought a lot of the Whippoorwill crosses. Since I had an order in w/ them and they bought out some of the plants I'm going to have them add them to the order. If there's something I cant get I will email you and send in the order; thanx Eric.

Frustrated again.

Well, the Bailey's didn't have the crosses I wanted so the ones I can get from Gore Conservatory I will order. If anyone has any of the others, [I dont know who flasked them] I am still looking to but one each. I will update after I go beg Matt. :eek:

Back