• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Phrags wanted (as usual)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYEric

Reaction score
Hi, since I can now travel to Canada I'm not stressing about crosses available there. However, I lost my Phrag Ralph Gouldner (Mem. Dick Clements x St. Ouen) and another plant, I can't remember the source of: Phrag kovachii x Sunset Glow. :confused:
Does anyone know the vendor of the Pk hybrid and a source for a division of the Phrag Ralph Gouldner, can you clue me in? Thanx. :)

it is Cape Sunset, not Sunset Glow, and it is from Piping Rock orchids (Glen Decker)

Suzanne Decker (kovachii ‘Laura’ x Cape Sunset) - When I made this cross, the hope was for large pink flowers with white blushes in the center of the petals and it didn’t disappoint me. These have been very uniform in quality with 6” flowers. Larger sizes may be available – inquire. -- 10-12" -- $74.95

So weird, the computerized tag reads Phrag. kovachii 'Ana' x Phrag. Sunset Glow
I find i have some plants that aren't listed in my collectionso I don't know the source! :(
I spoke to HP Norton and I didn't get it from him and since it's computerized it didn't come from Peruflora!???

So weird, the computerized tag reads Phrag. kovachii 'Ana' x Phrag. Sunset Glow
I find i have some plants that aren't listed in my collectionso I don't know the source! :(
I spoke to HP Norton and I didn't get it from him and since it's computerized it didn't come from Peruflora!???

Kovachii 'Ana' is a 100% sure sign it is from Piping Rock/Schomburg/Manrique group's breeding.
It is one of their kovachii clones.
Maybe this is a second breeding group, since the other cross using kovachii clone 'Laura'
You can check with Glen, he will clarify to you all of their kovachii hybrids that they release so far.
http://www.pipingrockorchids.com/Bindex.htm

I emailed Chuck Ackers and he said to contact Glen; but he [Glen] hasn't responded to my calls! He must be busy getting ready for Tewksberry show in NJ. :p

nope I did not steal it....LOL but I could kick myself for this one....it was listed buy it now for $34.99 but I did not have the money for it then so I bid $29.99....now I have chased it to $60.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phrag-Future-Im...ryZ42218QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

it's a BIG 30+ growth plant and they said they were not counting the small new growths

Todd

I forgot who the seller is, I think someone in California listing a lot of this exact cross in flower last year.
I bet if you check with Dean (Paphiness) he would be able to pick up some plants for you when he goes buying at the Zone.

Doh!
Thanx, I wish I had known that earlier. Hmmm, if I have any money left after my Ackers and Woodstream orders, and of course the Parkside fest, I may contact him. :rolleyes:

Wow! how ironic this thread seems now. :(
Anyway, :p I'm looking for anyone who has a Phrag Yakima River that they are willing to part with, I have killed the 3-4 that I got from Woodstream. Bill and Lynn could make a fortune if they keep making this plant and keep selling to me. :(
Also I'm looking for the apricot Phrag Prissy from OZ [5544?] that John Chant offered me before his alien abduction. If you want to sell let me know, thanx.

Latest posts

Back