Phragmipedium wallisii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_in_PA

I am not an addict!
Reaction score
This is the first time this seedling has bloomed :D The tails are over 13 inches and still growing longer.

Phragwallisii1.jpg

Phragwallisii.jpg

I sure like writting popowii on a label rather than warscewiczeanum. I never have figured out how to pronounce it.

When is the "hooked on phonics: slipper edition" coming out, cause I need it BAD....

LOL!
I've actually really been working on my latin - I know it's a "dead" language and all, but when you have people willing to donate lots of money towards a silent auction on a plant, knowing how to pronounce that plant (not to mention knowing how to grow it!) goes a long way and tends to bump the price up (or at least make it sound more valuable!)

My most recent favorite is blue eyed grass - Sisyrhinchium.

you just have to be confident. I mis-pronounce words all the time, I just do it with enough confidence that everyone else doubts what they think is right. Thats how we do it down here, If I'm gonna basterdize a word, damn it I'm gonna make it believable :)

thank you everyone.....

I think I will just leave the tag alone for a little while until all the dust settles :poke:

Tom

How long are the petals now? How old is the plant, and how many growths.

I have a small wallisii 'Dutch Treat' X self which I have had for 1 1/2 years, but it was a seedling when I got it. How long must I wait for it to bloom?

Tom

How long are the petals now? How old is the plant, and how many growths.

I have a small wallisii 'Dutch Treat' X self which I have had for 1 1/2 years, but it was a seedling when I got it. How long must I wait for it to bloom?

They stopped at about 14" now. I had the plant about 2 years as a seedling and it is only a one growth plant right now with about a 16" leaf span.

Good Luck Grandma :)

Latest posts

Back