Phragmipedium 'Sorcerors Apprentice'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
I bought this one as a smart plant with 1 inflorescence in 2002. It has grown heavily since then, and flowers all the time since I repotted it in 2005. The size of the flower spikes is limited by the polist. of the greenhouse roof. Just hope that the phrags, I got later, will not grow to the same size!

WOW!!!!!!!!. That is a real beauty. Great growing.

I have one also and I love it. I can always count on it to be a faithful bloomer but I also wish it did not get so large. I have a couple of phrags that grow that large but fortunately most of them stay a reasonable size. Even at that size it is worth growing because it is always so rewarding with it's blooms.

WOW, I knew they were big & that one is proving it! Looks like it's quite happy in the jungle it's creating!

Beautiful, and obviously very well cared for! I have an Andean Fire x Sorceror's Apprentice, but it is a much more compact grower.

Hi Jean,
It looks very happy in your care. You should give it a clonal name of 'Beast' or whatever that is in French.;)

Back