Phragmipedium Seymour Tower

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
Phragmipedium dalessandroi x schlimii

This is a new acquisition for me. I've had Hanne Popow on my wishlist for awhile, and this hybrid is a suitable substitute.

I personally wouldn't be able to distinguish the flowers on this plant from Hanne Popow. I've seen HPs that look more or less exactly the same as this. However, I have no doubts on the ID based on the fact that the spike is branching even on this first bloom plant.

The color is a difficult one for my point-n-shoot camera to capture. It's a delicate pink with bicolor petals. The fragrance is really wonderful and at the right time of day, it's as strong as any schlimii.

NmbNkYol.jpg

LIH8ZLcl.jpg

Very nice! They are very similar to H. Popow main difference is the growth are clumpy, they don’t climb like the HP does. A very interesting and desirable trait! And for sure branching!

Very nice!
Glad to hear of the nice fragrance as well. I drove to Vienna Va to pick one up in bud from a very nice gentleman who owns the business 'Orchids for You. He has been there for 20 years and is another orchider I didn't know of when I briefly lived in the area.
I've seen pics of darker ones so I'm hoping for one of them.

Very nice!
Glad to hear of the nice fragrance as well. I drove to Vienna Va to pick one up in bud from a very nice gentleman who owns the business 'Orchids for You. He has been there for 20 years and is another orchider I didn't know of when I briefly lived in the area.
I've seen pics of darker ones so I'm hoping for one of them.

Still around: orchidsforyou.net

Latest posts

Back