Phragmipedium Saint Ouen flavum 3N

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
St Ouen is one of the best hybrids ever, IMO. It is so variable it color, you could have a dozen and they would all be different. This one is really a beauty!

St Ouen is one of the best hybrids ever, IMO. It is so variable it color, you could have a dozen and they would all be different. This one is really a beauty!

I guess that means instead of getting my own Saint Ouen I'm going to have to beg a piece of this one from Lise!....when it's older and bigger, of course.

which ones look wimpy?

besseae flavum can't hold a candle to a healthy regular orange/red besseae in terms of plant, stem and flower substance and flower count. My regular besseae's regularly produce 12 to 15 flowers on a single main stem and when they side branch, I've seen up to 21 blooms in total on a single stem (not all open at once, of course!). However, my flavums make 2 to 4 blooms, tops, on a single stem and that stem is thin and flops over under the weight of the flower. They're beautiful; but, they're the 98 lb weakling little brother to regular orange/red besseae.:p

Back